Frequently Asked Questions

Where exactly is G.E.C.U. located?

We are located in downtown La Crosse. Specifically, across from City Hall and right next to the Southside Oktoberfest Grounds.

What hours can I do business at G.E.C.U.?

Lobby: M-F 9:00 am- 5:00 pm
Drive Thru: Monday-Friday 7:30 am- 6:00 pm; Saturday 9:00-noon
Best of all, G.E.C.U. members can handle any and all of their financial transactions 24/7 by logging on to online banking

What is my routing/transit number?

The routing/transit number is the same for all accounts at the credit union.

Who do I contact if my VISA Credit Card or VISA Debit Card is lost or stolen?

If your VISA Credit Card is lost or stolen call 1-800-322-8472.  You are also able to check the balance of your credit card and make payments of your card at

If your VISA Debit Card is lost or stolen call your financial institution during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm).  After normal business hours please call SHAZAM at 1-800-383-8000.

Who do I contact to report fraudulent activity on my VISA Credit Card or VISA Debit Card?

During normal business hours, call G.E.C.U. for any fraudulent activity on both your credit and debit card(s). For fraud on your VISA Credit Card after normal business hours, call 1-800-322-8472. Contact SHAZAM at 1-866-508-2693 after normal business hours to report any fraudulent activity on your VISA Debit Card.

How is G.E.C.U. different from a bank?

Credit unions are not-for-profit and owned by their members, while banks are owned by their shareholders. At G.E.C.U., as with any credit union, the money made from loan interests is distributed amongst its members as dividends.

How do I become a member of G.E.C.U.?

The first step to joining G.E.C.U. is to open a Share (Savings) Account. We will need a $5.00 deposit. This deposit is your share in the credit union. It provides you with the privileges of voting for your Board of Directors and to participate in a variety of services available.

Who can join G.E.C.U.?

Any person working or residing in La Crosse County, any government employee, and relatives of current members or someone who is eligible for membership.

Your ATM is not in a convenient location for me. Are there other ATMs I can use without being charged a fee?

Absolutely! Any Kwik Trip location is free for our members. To locate a surcharge free ATM follow the link below and search an area!

Are my credit union deposits federally insured?

Yes. The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) federally insures each G.E.C.U. account for up to $250,000.00.

How do I apply for a loan?

You can apply for a loan over the phone with one of our loan officers, or stop in and apply. Or download an application here: Online Forms

© Copyright 2017 Governmental Employees Credit Union | Privacy Notice